Emys Emys not eating very often

Status
Not open for further replies.

bholmes88

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Taylor, Tx
I have a young emys emys(still has a egg tooth) that will barely eat. The first three days it ate a lot but ever since then(three weeks or so) it may take a bite every week. I have been soaking it in liquid bird vitamins and baby food. The temps range from 80-85 during the day down to 65-75 at night. I have tried putting the food right in front of its hide, I have even put the food inside the hide to see if that will work. The only thing I have figured out that helps is putting it in a smaller container inside its normal enclosure, even then it barely takes a bite or two. I understand that it is very young so it may not eat much, but it should be eating something!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What kind of food are you offering?

bholmes88

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Taylor, Tx
I have offered spring mix, escarole, endive, red leaf, green leaf, romaine, mazuri, various grasses, strawberry, banana, mushrooms and a couple other things I can not remember. The only things it shows interest in is mazuri and red leaf. Even then it is still only a bite or two with multiple days in between.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
You should try to up the temperatures for both day and night time by an extra 10F.

Status
Not open for further replies.