Enclosure for red foot tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I have seen multiple different people saying different things but I want to get your guys opinion on weather I should build an out side enclosure for for red foot tortoise or get him a bigger enclosure for inside. He is about 7 months old right now. If he still has to stay inside what enclosure should I upgrade him to and, also at what age can he go into an outside enclosure?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
In most cases, 3 inches is probably way to small to be outside 24/7.
And even at 6" I can see how a lot of people would have issues.
For me, security is the biggest issue. I have near a petfectl year round climate and not just a secure enclosure. But a secure yard and absolutely no predators of any type.
(Raccoons and FireAnts have been eliminated)
It's not a one size fits all answer. So I'm (now) reluctant to say that my last 3 hstchlings hatched outside and lived there just fine for many months. Away from the adults. While I found them homes.
Babies can get into all sorts of trouble and die. They can get stuck/trapped. They like to flip over. They can be easily carried away. So many ways to die. It's a lot to take into consideration. So, let's be safe....build a nice indoor enclosure as large as you have space for. And prepare the outdoors enclosure for when he begins to outgrow it.
Design it well. Out of direct sunlight and as secured as it needs to be for your particular environment

Florida
In most cases, 3 inches is probably way to small to be outside 24/7.
And even at 6" I can see how a lot of people would have issues.
For me, security is the biggest issue. I have near a petfectl year round climate and not just a secure enclosure. But a secure yard and absolutely no predators of any type.
(Raccoons and FireAnts have been eliminated)
It's not a one size fits all answer. So I'm (now) reluctant to say that my last 3 hstchlings hatched outside and lived there just fine for many months. Away from the adults. While I found them homes.
Babies can get into all sorts of trouble and die. They can get stuck/trapped. They like to flip over. They can be easily carried away. So many ways to die. It's a lot to take into consideration. So, let's be safe....build a nice indoor enclosure as large as you have space for. And prepare the outdoors enclosure for when he begins to outgrow it.
Design it well. Out of direct sunlight and as secured as it needs to be for your particular environment
Ok sounds good, what would you recommend building for the inside enclosure?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hello and welcome! Perhaps this thread I recently made will be helpful for you😊