Enclosure help

Linhdan Nguyen

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Hi ! So I am building a new enclosure for my 2 russians. They WERE getting along fine but I see Khaleesi showing some dominance by sitting in the food dish (ive even given them separate ones in different locations but she just goes to the one hes eating from) and walking right in front of & brushing up in Max's face when hes basking. For now, all i have space for is a 40x36 enclosure for EACH, and they will both have a 30x13 loft or 2nd story. My boyfriend and I are using his old queen bedframe from ikea for the enclosure. My question is, does anyone know how to keep these boards (from the base) together? Im thinking brackets of some kind but im not sure. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1460150022.185124.jpg

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
This is what im thinking of for how it will look & rough measurements ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1460150382.828320.jpg
Sorry im no artist

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi ! So I am building a new enclosure for my 2 russians. They WERE getting along fine but I see Khaleesi showing some dominance by sitting in the food dish (ive even given them separate ones in different locations but she just goes to the one hes eating from) and walking right in front of & brushing up in Max's face when hes basking. For now, all i have space for is a 40x36 enclosure for EACH, and they will both have a 30x13 loft or 2nd story. My boyfriend and I are using his old queen bedframe from ikea for the enclosure. My question is, does anyone know how to keep these boards (from the base) together? Im thinking brackets of some kind but im not sure. View attachment 169839
Just use 2 of the boards vertically, and nail/screw the horizontal boards to the vertical boards.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Overlap the vertical pieces the same distance as the thickness of your base. Then you can screw the verticals into the edge of the base.