enclosure help

navycop2004

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I just recently acquired a Redfoot tort, I think the previous owners said she is 4 possibly. She is in a standard tortoise table, I am in Oregon and currently we are getting into the winter months so I don't want to put her outside. I have read up and I'm gathering that a tortoise table isn't sufficient enough since it is too small and wont hold humidity. Looking for some inspiration for an indoor enclosure for her, I saw some people saying join 2 tables together and knock out the center wall. She currently has a heat pad in the hide area and a ceramic heat emmider in the main body of her table

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
How big is your tort?
I don't have a redfoot but this is a great idea from Elohi who used a Lifetime raised garden bed kit for her Leopard tortoise - I'm sure it could be adapted for a redfoot's living conditions.
1638785454884.png
This is one kit using the 2 beds stacked to make a deep 4' x 4' but you could use side by side to make a 4' x 8' You could then add another kit to extend as your tort grows,
If you use the search facility you may get other good ideas,

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
There are other portable pop up greenhouses that would work. A 4x4 is too small for a 4 year old. Using the 2 together to make it 4x8 would work. Not sure that one can do that though. I have and used the same one for leopard hatchlings and I couldn't get it to go into a 4x8.