Enclosure Question

henry2412

Location (City and/or State)
Rockaway NJ
Hey Everyone,

I have a 3 yr old Leopard approximately 6lbs who has outgrown her indoor closed chamber enclosure. I plan on building a bigger indoor enclosure for her. My question is should it be a closed chamber?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Just provide a humid hide. The bigger question ? is how big is the enclosure gonna be. My Leopard is 2 and next winter I will set up a square pool in my basement-Bestway 56496E Steel Pro 8.5' x 5.6' x 2' Rectangular Above Ground Swimming Pool (Pool Only) with Rust-Resistant Steel Frame, Heavy-Duty PVC, and Polyester 3 Ply Sidewalls. This will be okay for maybe two winters then I have to think of bigger more permanent winter indoor digs. I am almost finished with heated nightbox for outside so if RVA weather holds maybe outside until early December. Good luck!!!

henry2412

Rockaway NJ
Just provide a humid hide. The bigger question ? is how big is the enclosure gonna be. My Leopard is 2 and next winter I will set up a square pool in my basement-Bestway 56496E Steel Pro 8.5' x 5.6' x 2' Rectangular Above Ground Swimming Pool (Pool Only) with Rust-Resistant Steel Frame, Heavy-Duty PVC, and Polyester 3 Ply Sidewalls. This will be okay for maybe two winters then I have to think of bigger more permanent winter indoor digs. I am almost finished with heated nightbox for outside so if RVA weather holds maybe outside until early December. Good luck!!!
Thank you for the reply. After hearing about your future plans I have to go bigger with mine now lol. I do have a big outside enclosure for her that she spends summer days and some nights in, but I am leary of letting her be out there in the winter.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey Everyone,

I have a 3 yr old Leopard approximately 6lbs who has outgrown her indoor closed chamber enclosure. I plan on building a bigger indoor enclosure for her. My question is should it be a closed chamber?
Yes it should be. Much easier to control heat and humidity in a closed chamber than fighting room temp.