enclosure size

Roundabout123

Location (City and/or State)
Belfast
hi. I was wandering if a 6ft by 3ft by 18inch enclosure would be big enough for an indoor Russian tortoise enclosure for 1 tortoise.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
An adult needs at the minimum a 4x8 foot.
If the 3x6 is only for night time or cold months and he has a larger outdoor enclosure for warm months, it's not ideal but will do.
Lot of people when limited on space will build a second level with a ramp. Maybe consider that.

Roundabout123

Belfast
An adult needs at the minimum a 4x8 foot.
If the 3x6 is only for night time or cold months and he has a larger outdoor enclosure for warm months, it's not ideal but will do.
Lot of people when limited on space will build a second level with a ramp. Maybe consider that.
thanks I need to keep it inside all year so I will likely add a second level like you said as I don't have enough room for a larger single level enclosure

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
How old is your tort ?
If you post a picture of the enclosure you'll get good feedback on how to set it up to keep your tort safe and healthy.
This is that caresheet you need to follow as closely as possible - it is the most up to date you'll find anywhere.
Please read carefully and ask as many questions as you like.

If you are looking for a temp outdoor enclosure so that your tort can get some uvb, WHAT stores (if you have them) are selling dog paddling pools for about £11 and with some substrate, a water dish and shade availabe they woud be good for short supervised outside time.