Enclosures humidity for cherry head hatchling maybe 6 weeks old.

Torkoal#1

Location (City and/or State)
Dadeville
I'm using a fog machine to keep my humidity. At the moment my uvb light is too long to fit inside the tote and the ceramic heater is a 100w so it's also outside the lid hanging with it level with the lid. The holes I has to cut let humidity escape and so the fogger is on low but constantly on and off with the sensor sitting up off the ground for the humidity controller. Has anyone ran into problems with using a fogger for humidity for a hachling?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I'm using a fog machine to keep my humidity. At the moment my uvb light is too long to fit inside the tote and the ceramic heater is a 100w so it's also outside the lid hanging with it level with the lid. The holes I has to cut let humidity escape and so the fogger is on low but constantly on and off with the sensor sitting up off the ground for the humidity controller. Has anyone ran into problems with using a fogger for humidity for a hachling?
Foggers should not be used in tortoise enclosures. Its not good for them to be breathing in those micro droplets. Humidity should be maintained by using a closed chamber enclosure. If it is drying out in the enclosure it is beaus you have too much ventilation. Having the CHE outside the enclosure created a chimney effect. All the heating and lighting needs to be contained inside the closed chamber for it to work correctly.