Enjoying breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

karleyreed

5 Year Member
Mine is just very very lazy lol. He won't eat unless I put him in his bowl, then he stays there for a good 5-10 minutes and almost devoures everything. Just like he won't go in water himself, hes a lazy tort!! Haha. What are yours called?? I worry that he will flip and I won't be here as I work full time. 9 times out of 10 there is some one home but just to be precautious.

testtudude

5 Year Member
karleyreed said:
Mine is just very very lazy lol. He won't eat unless I put him in his bowl, then he stays there for a good 5-10 minutes and almost devoures everything. Just like he won't go in water himself, hes a lazy tort!! Haha. What are yours called?? I worry that he will flip and I won't be here as I work full time. 9 times out of 10 there is some one home but just to be precautious.

Mine are named Tessi and Torti. They have about 4-5 hours of activity a day then it's back in the dirt lol. It's funny how individualistic they are. Tessi is always exploring, basking and rearranging the habbitat. Torti is more reclusive, coming out to bask and eat a little then it's right back to attempting to burrow to the center of the earth lol. Being just a baby I am sure yours will come to see u as Ms. Food and be very social and friendly.

karleyreed

5 Year Member
He has only been in his home a week aswel so I suppose he will be getting used to it. Have you got anything under your emitter for them to bask on? I'm thinking about a piece of slate or something which will heat up? Mine is called Michaelanglo eventho I'm still unsure of the gender lol. His personality will grow with him I hope. I'm hoping I do a good job with him as I've herd so many tragic stories about young torts. I think he's a bit dopey tbh haha.

testtudude

5 Year Member
I have a rocky area and a upturned ceramic saucer under the light. The rocks are great at holding the heat over night and it also is a area of 0 humidity they can dry off in if they want. I just added the saucer and they have both become very fond of that spot. The saucer acts like a little hill that allows them to control their own distance from the light. And they just seem to like to be up on some thing and let there little feet dangle. Very cute! Will upload a pic 4 u :)

Attachments

• image-3352260157.png
    image-3352260157.png
    254.1 KB · Views: 22
  • image-2146101470.png
    image-2146101470.png
    263.3 KB · Views: 17

karleyreed

5 Year Member
Ahhh they look like they're having a whale of a time!!! How cute! I think I might steal that idea myself!

testtudude

5 Year Member
Please feel free to use any idea u want and share any you have for me. It's nice to chat with someone who is learning like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.