Enjoying the spring sunshine

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Joe has been out of hibernation for about 9 days. He went down in mid December as we really haven't had much of a winter in South East England (I last cut the grass on December 30th!). It was borderline whether I hibernated him at all.

I'm pleased to report that eating weeds was a priority over attacking the window cleaner's bucket yesterday - long may it last (Wishful thinking, I suspect)
Joe.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! Your spring flowers are up and blooming already. Lovely.

(Joe looks good too!!)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The UK has had a very warm winter. We usually have the daffodils out by the beginning of March anyway, but those in sunny spots were out in January this year!

Mine are a bit late because my garden is north-facing and also I planted these ones a bit late... they didn't go in until November. It should have been September really.

Rue

Canada
Wish we had milder winters...but this last one was actually one of the mildest in anyone's recent memory...so I can't complain!

Yesterday we had an unseasonably warm 20 C day...it was actually hot on the south lawn...even though there is still snow in the sheltered parts - in the bush...

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
We're still waiting to pass our last frost here in Michigan! It just snowed an inch yesterday!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Wish we had milder winters...but this last one was actually one of the mildest in anyone's recent memory...so I can't complain!

Yesterday we had an unseasonably warm 20 C day...it was actually hot on the south lawn...even though there is still snow in the sheltered parts - in the bush...
My daughter is working in Grasslands National Park (SK) and, having frozen since they got there, they had a beautiful 21C yesterday. I only spoke to her for a few minutes by telephone, but it sounds like it was being enjoyed by all.