Escape artist apprehended after his 2020 escape!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That poor tortoise is so easily identified by it's bad shell. Glad it's been found, but worry that the 'finder' is the one who caused the shell to grow like that!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
That poor tortoise is so easily identified by it's bad shell. Glad it's been found, but worry that the 'finder' is the one who caused the shell to grow like that!
Yes, I follow the finder, Gabby on Instagram.

That was my first thought, too. The owner who lost the tortoise stated she raised this Sulcata, confirming that is the case.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It was missing for 3 years living on its own. How is it the one that found it fault?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, I follow the finder, Gabby on Instagram.

That was my first thought, too. The owner who lost the tortoise stated she raised this Sulcata, confirming that is the case.
Why do you follow the finder? Is she always finding tortoises?
This tortoise was living in its own for 3 years, how is its condition the fault of the person that found it?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I initially saw it on your Chicago Sun Times....

He's nationally famous!

I don't think anyone is blaming the finder W, you are just confused, happens to me several times a day......and I don't feel bad, you shouldn't either! (we earned this! LOL)

The tort didn't get his bad shell from being free for 3 yrs, he got it b/c of the care he got UNTIL he was free!

What they are saying above(correct me if I'm wrong) is that the Tort was found by someone named Gabby who then returned it to the owner who confirmed that she in fact had raised it from a baby. That would make the long term owner, responsible for the condition he is in now.

Did I get that right guys?