Estate animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
I actually think about this a lot. I have a friend that used to have two sulcata tortoises that passed away. She loves Carl and is his nanny when I'm away but at the same time, I really have to wonder what kind of long term care she was providing the sulcatas if they both died before they were ten. She was really young when that happened though and she follows my long list of instructions when babysitting my little man so who knows.

Either that or I would get him to someone on the forum. I don't like to even imagine anyone in my family having any say about his well being. The only other animal lover in my family is my dad and even then he is not suited to care for a tortoise.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Thanks all for the thoughtful responses.

I find I am not so well prepared to have an answer myself. No younger family member has an interest in pets beyond dogs and cats.

Whether your animals are a business or a pleasure (or both), I found myself wondering what kind of strange thing it would be for my wife to sort out the fate of the tortoises I have.

Thanks again. I'll have to sort something out.

Will

TLWR

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Baldwin Co, Alabama
Our pets are in our will, not specifically by name though as we'd have to change it as they do. Everybody knows what is to happen to our pets (right now just dogs and ducks). All with go with funds to care for them for life. The will is written as to allow for future pets that might also not be dogs or ducks.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Jacqui said:
bobbymoore said:
I still have about 70 years left in me so ill think about it in another 29 years when I'm 50 life is to short to plan your death!

Except life isn't always nice like that and sadly even young folks die.

Only the good die young, so maybe he's sending us a subtle message......

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Out of 5 children, as of now, I only have one who takes after me and has a love for these kind of pets. He has a turtle pond and a koi pond and he is the one who built my tortoise garden and box turtle garden, so he will get all my box turtles. As for the Cherries....well I know how he feels about them...he thinks they belong in a warm climate, and I shouldn't have them, so they will go to my friend Julie, who runs The Turtle Rescue of Long Island, and she has promsied to find a good home for them in a warm climare........but, damn....I don't want to even think of these things now!

Greek914

5 Year Member
Marion NC
Wow, I was just thinking about this the other day. I am 40 so it is past time to think about this. I wonder what are the opinions of the rescue people on here? I have thought about sending turtles to a rescue to be placed if my kids don't want them, maybe with some money for care...

Status
Not open for further replies.