EXO TERRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
I am writing this review to warn people about Exo Terra products, I bought a Solar Glo Mercury Bulb and a stand and cup about 6 months ago the bulb blow after 3 months which i took back and they replaced I got woke up this morning by my hubby to find out it had blown again i changed the bulb to a back up heat bulb till i got to shop it turned out the cup had broken and this had blown the bulb, this all cost me a lot of money i could have taken them back but that would mean i got a replacement and after been told the bulb could have shattered I really do not want to risk Shelby,So i have replaced the fitting got a T REX Active UV HEAT instead, I know this Bulbs have a better record. So anyone thinking about getting a Solar GLo or a EXO TERRA fiitting I would invest in a better Buy if that fitting shattered that Bulb I could have have a sick Tortoise on my hands

I am not sure why this thread posted twice i only clicked once

Snapper

5 Year Member
British Columbia
That's too bad. I only a good experience with my solar glo. I ended up replacing my solar glo with a powersun because I wanted a "better" bulb, and my tort seemed to prefer the solar glo. I still have the power sun mind you because I think zoo med makes better products. My tort seems to disagree though...

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Snapper said:
That's too bad. I only a good experience with my solar glo. I ended up replacing my solar glo with a powersun because I wanted a "better" bulb, and my tort seemed to prefer the solar glo. I still have the power sun mind you because I think zoo med makes better products. My tort seems to disagree though...

Shelby seems to prefer the T REX bulb she is spending more time under it and when doing circuits she stretches her neck up to the light as she walks by, the Solar glo was suppost to last 8 month but went after 3 months both times, the fitting breaking scared me though because it took the bulb with it and i was told it could have shattered and as u know a Tort will investigate new things she could have been hurt

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I just got a Solar Glo because my Megaray burnt out after only three days(ERRRRR) they did not have any Powersun so I went with the solarglo :D He seems to like it he's been basking with stretched out rear legs so cute :D but I cant get a pic of it :(

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
yer Shelby liked it too but they burn out too quick both mine went after 3 months, if u have a exo terra fitting keep an eye on it mine only lasted 6 months and then stopped working

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Tracy Gould said:
yer Shelby liked it too but they burn out too quick both mine went after 3 months, if u have a exo terra fitting keep an eye on it mine only lasted 6 months and then stopped working

I'll take 6 months my Megaray lasted three days:(

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
If it went after 3 days u should contact the vender. I knew the solar glo was guaranteed for 8 months so the first time it went after 3 months i went back to the shop and they changed it i left it the second time and just change both the fitting and the bulb and went for one with a better rep

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Tracy Gould said:
If it went after 3 days u should contact the vender. I knew the solar glo was guaranteed for 8 months so the first time it went after 3 months i went back to the shop and they changed it i left it the second time and just change both the fitting and the bulb and went for one with a better rep

I just got off the phone with them the replacment is on the way:p

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
coreyc said:
Tracy Gould said:

Should only take a couple months :p

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
PeanutbuttER said:
coreyc said:
Tracy Gould said:

Am I the only one that has not had a problem with them besides the blown bulb :) which I believe will be here in a week :) The company had some major problem's last year they will be back on their feet soon with great products again we just need to be a little patient :D

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
PeanutbuttER said:
coreyc said:
Tracy Gould said:

just got it:D took four days :p

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Glad to hear. Sounds like they're maybe getting things back in order. Are things getting better for everyone else too? packages arriving on time? Tracking numbers working? Bulbs lasting? That would be great if it were.

Status
Not open for further replies.