EYE COLOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
I always chuckle a little to myself when I hear "it's got red eyes, so it's a male" Here's a female of mine with fantastic eye color.
000_2747.jpg

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have a ...what looks like...a female Eastern that has red eye's too. They are really more orange, but I'm thinking she's a she. Whey they come up from hibernation, I'll most likely know. That's a beautiful lil boxie you have. Do you have any more? Pictures?

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
How do you know it's a female? Us old-timers don't roll-over that easy! Come on... show us SOMETHING!

NERD

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I have a female Three Toed with a bright red head and red eyes ;) My other little girl is really subdued with more of a chocolate colored head and white legs, and brown eyes.

I depend more on the size and thickness of the back legs than I ever do on eye color.

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
i've never seen a female with red eyes. though i usually look at the plasteron and tail then the eyes but then not all populations have males with the indentation and ones that do it is highly variable.

without is what it should say

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Redfoot NERD said:
How do you know it's a female? Us old-timers don't roll-over that easy! Come on... show us SOMETHING!

NERD
Here's my male. He knows!

000_1512.jpg

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
I don't doubt she is a female, but you aren't basing it entirely on the fact that your male attempts to mate with her, are you? My males will attempt to mate with each other occasionally.
I'm sure you are basing it on multiple factors, but just had to mention that just in case. She is a nice looking EBT!
I have a female with very red eyes as well. Her name is Molly, and she is an egg machine!
FUNMolly.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.