Eye infection

Csalazar250

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas
She is housed perfectly with controlled temps and humidity in her own cage. She has water and food and proper lighting. She gets 30 min soaks everyday in warm water and sometimes baby food. But her eyes still won’t open. She has some goo coming out of them. Will this product be okay to use or do you guys have a product recommendation?! IMG_2179.jpg

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
If it is an eye infection, it won't kill it. It is more like an eye wash. I can't see anything in it that would hurt. Sometimes the eyes remain closed because there is something else wrong with the tortoise. Just to double check, you aren't using a coiled bulb, are you?

Csalazar250

Las Vegas
If it is an eye infection, it won't kill it. It is more like an eye wash. I can't see anything in it that would hurt. Sometimes the eyes remain closed because there is something else wrong with the tortoise. Just to double check, you aren't using a coiled bulb, are you?

No it’s not coiled

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Please can we see photos of your enclosure and lighting?

Possible causes include a reaction to the substrate, some problem with lighting or of course a bacterial infection (much as would cause conjunctivitis in humans) that would require a vet to get involved.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
I would second what Big Charlie said , it's also been my experience that eye infection/issues like your describing is secondary to another problem .