Will his eye get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

froghaven5

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Updating on the baby sulcata we have had for just over a month now. He/she is 2 months old and when we 1st got him/her, he/she had 1 eye closed. After doing the eye washes with saline and giving the Terramycin eye ointment he/she has his/her eye open a bit. I know he can see out of his eye, but it's almost like the skin around the eye has grown together. Any way I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this and if his eye will improve anymore or if I should end up naming this baby (still unnamed at this time) Winkie or something like that.
The eye is question.
DSC01590.jpg

Shot of both eyes
DSC01589.jpg

For fun;
No problem seeing food!
DSC01560.jpg

Roaming outside.
DSC01557.jpg

No problem seeing food!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I would continue the eye ointment two or three times a day. Over time the fact that he's opening and closing it might stretch the skin back out to where it is supposed to be. Who knows! I'm sure a vet can fix it for you.

Emorales

5 Year Member
Southern California
Oscar had the same problem, we took him to a herp vet and the perscribed an antibiotic that I had to inject (poor Oscar) and some Neopolygram eyedrops that I put in the affected eye every 12 hours for 10 days. He got all better.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
he is so cute.. i just became a mom to one those suckers and love him to death, hope he gets better... he is a doll :)

Status
Not open for further replies.