Eye infection???!?!!?

Yoyotort

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
So one of my Russian Tortoises eyes is often shut it looks a little swollen but not much and not red he can open it and does mostly when eating it looks completely normal when open there is no goop or anything around his eye. It has been that way starting yesterday so not long should I see how it is in a day or too or call a vet? Or is there anything I could put on it I have made sure not to touch it (obviously) but right now I’m not sure what to do here’s a pic IMG_1548106709.656597.jpg

Yoyotort

Oregon
Also that is how both his eyes normally look when closed and always have and he is just as active and acting normal eating find etc.. if that helps at all

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Zoo Med Turtle Eye Drops have excellent reviews and works almost as good as a prescription. Also what is your substrate becuase the wrong kinds can cause eye irritation. Please post photos and Welcome!

Yoyotort

Oregon
I am currently using pure cypress mulch and thanks for the info about the drops!

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
What are you using for lights? If you are using a coiled bulb, that could be what is causing the eye problem.

Yoyotort

Oregon
Oh I didn’t know that. I’ll look in to that and see what I have

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
Hello fellow Oregonian! I have Russian torts too.
Hope yours is better soon :)