Favorite foods

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
While my yearling loves mixed salads, copious weeds, mazuri, occasional cacti and dandies, he is very good at avoiding cut/soaked or dry hay no matter how it is mixed with his other foods. He is quite stubborn i. That respect. Some of his favorite foods are babyfood veggies (a weekly treat).

I understand that as he grows his palette will mature and his outdoor enclosure will encourage foraging, but does Anyone else currently
have a tort with peculiar tastes?

alex_ornelas

Location (City and/or State)
newark ca
Ye my little oliver refuses to eat pumpkin kale or any bitter leafy green but he LOVES strawberries sometimes carrots(treats) and his salad mix your not alone :)

tortnmutt

Washington Coast
My tort LOVES broccoli. He'll go through all of his food looking for every last piece. He won't eat spinach kale or collard greens anymore...?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It is possible too get any tortoise to eat hay, but not necessarily easy. Sulcatas usually won't eat plain grass hay until they are older and bigger. Once they hit adult size, they usually start to sample it more, until they will eventually start eating it by the mouthful.