Fedex Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonahbassjazz

5 Year Member
Fedex was supposed to deliver my baby hermanns tortoise today from an overnight shipping. However, they screwed up and he is sitting somewhere at the hub in memphis, tn and will not be delivered to me here in nyc until tomorrow. I hope he will be ok. He was shipped 9 pm last night.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
I have always had concerns about shipping torotises, I really hope everything turns out just fine!

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
I had that happen once, and my package was re-routed and took two days to get there. Shipyourreptiles.com was alerted right away, and did a great job following up on it.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
He should make it safely as long as there are not any especially bad temperature excursions. Sit tight.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Delta, continental, southwest airlines is the most reliable. They will always show up. Sometimes a little late but it's same day. I've had a lot of mishaps with b
Torts show up days later from DHL, FEDEX, or UPS. Its a hit or miss.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It does sound like fedex has gotten bad. Hang tight, I am sure they will be fine. Give them a nice warm soak as soon as you get them and then give them some food.

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
People have had tortoises shipped as much as a week late (poor babies!) and they have arrived fine. It's very, very likely that your little one will arrive well tomorrow.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
I remember getting my Hermann via FedEx & it was suppose to be a joy-est day; but I open the door, mind you I was going to go check the mail & boom he was there with a tiny brown box that stated Harmless Reptile Inside Handle with care was sideways & under his Arm-Pit! I was like "You are aware you are holding my new pet Sideways & why is the box ice cold? He had no excuses so I reported his a** . There in no excuse. All Live creatures are over night'd & should arrive by 10:30. I would demand a shipping refund from FedEx, get a manager on the line & you can... Just be polite & kill them with kindness & let them know how worried you are over your new Baby $200+ critter in a box cold somewhere... Really grill it into them & they might be sympathetic? Hey if anything you can make all the shipping cost you had to pay for. & I am so sorry this is happening to you by the way. I was upset when it happened to me & mine was just a little month old... =] but shes getting bigger and stronger; bless her lol.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Knock wood, I have not had any issues with Fedex. I'm sorry you are having such a bad time with them. Hope he arrives safe and sound.

jonahbassjazz

5 Year Member
Right now it looks like hes sitting in Newark NJ and will arrive in 8 hours at 10:30 am lets hope hes ok!

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
No real problems with FedEx yet...I did have one of my two Torts this last time arrive on his backside, but he could have flipped himself. It can be worrisome, but I am sure your precious creature will arrive unharmed. I like the idea of getting onto the driver for mishandling, but where do we draw the line when mistakes are made? It could result in us not being able to use FedEx; hence, some of us will never get another Tort or Reptile delivered to our homes.

Just saying my 2 cents worth.....

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
I have shipped many tortoises via FedEx with no issues. If you think about the volume of packages FedEx handles, an occasional mishap is going to happen. It does not mean they are a bad company. I know it is stressful for you, but if your little one was packaged correctly, it will arrive fine today.

EricIvins

5 Year Member
FedEx isn't "getting bad"; Nor is UPS or any overnight shipper........

Shipping is what it is........Things get delayed for whatever reason.......A Tortoise can sit in a box for atleast a week without any issues if packed right.........I've had animals delayed/lost for 10 days transit time through the airlines with no issues........I've had Frogs lost for 5......

Point being, you pack for the worst, and hope for the best........Nothing is ever "guaranteed" when it comes to shipping......You get an estimated delivery time, and that's about it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.