Feedback for Tortoise Forum site

Tolis the tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Salmiya
Dear moderators,

What concerns me about this site is that you only have a limited time (15 minutes) to edit your post. If possible, I am asking the moderators to change this. It would be much better if you could edit a post without a time limit, because sometimes we change our minds about something, or we realize we've written something wrong and we want to change what we've written. Users also cannot delete their posts. It would be better if users had the option delete their posts (without a time limit). I like how there is strong moderation here, but there are some features that also be useful for members of the tortoise forum.

Thank you in advance.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
But this is almost like real in person conversations where sometimes you say things out loud that were meant to only be thoughts. The preview button allows you to see your post prior to posting. Also this way people can't say nasty things and 16 minutes later after offending people remove the comment so no one would know what was said. You are right about our moderators and they willing interpose themselves when they feel things get out of hand and that additional oversight is why I love TFO. Just go prowl the Facebook tortoise chat to see what nasty truly is and then come back to your new second home.

Tolis the tortoise

Salmiya
But this is almost like real in person conversations where sometimes you say things out loud that were meant to only be thoughts. The preview button allows you to see your post prior to posting. Also this way people can't say nasty things and 16 minutes later after offending people remove the comment so no one would know what was said. You are right about our moderators and they willing interpose themselves when they feel things get out of hand and that additional oversight is why I love TFO. Just go prowl the Facebook tortoise chat to see what nasty truly is and then come back to your new second home.

No wonder everyone doesn't like me around in this forum, I am a waste of everyone's time on this forum, I waste everyone's time by posting bizarre and unintentionally misleading articles about tortoises. I have done more bad than good here, and it's time to say goodbye forever. :(

You guys might as well delete this post. And my account. I promise I won't come back again.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No wonder everyone doesn't like me around in this forum, I am a waste of everyone's time on this forum, I waste everyone's time by posting bizarre and unintentionally misleading articles about tortoises. I have done more bad than good here, and it's time to say goodbye forever. :(

You guys might as well delete this post. And my account. I promise I won't come back again.
We are not here to judge people. We want to help people learn to care for their tortoises so the animals will live a long, healthy life. In that vein, when we see bad or wrong info being posted we feel we have to correct it. That has nothing to do with the way we feel about the person who posted the info. We want that person to learn also.

The Off Topic section is there for everyone to use. One can't over use it. Please feel free to post as many off topic posts as you want to.

Every single person who has joined this forum has something to offer . . . well, maybe not the bots and spammers . . . and we all benefit from getting to know each and every one of you.

Instead of leaving, why don't you join in the fun at The Cold Dark Room (in the Personal Promotion section), or at The Nut House (in the Off Topic Chit Chat section). Both of those are where we go to interact with other members and get to know one another. I, for one, would like to get to know you better.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
We are not here to judge people. We want to help people learn to care for their tortoises so the animals will live a long, healthy life. In that vein, when we see bad or wrong info being posted we feel we have to correct it. That has nothing to do with the way we feel about the person who posted the info. We want that person to learn also.

The Off Topic section is there for everyone to use. One can't over use it. Please feel free to post as many off topic posts as you want to.

Every single person who has joined this forum has something to offer . . . well, maybe not the bots and spammers . . . and we all benefit from getting to know each and every one of you.

Instead of leaving, why don't you join in the fun at The Cold Dark Room (in the Personal Promotion section), or at The Nut House (in the Off Topic Chit Chat section). Both of those are where we go to interact with other members and get to know one another. I, for one, would like to get to know you better.
I've come here because I wanted to learn more about torts but was also looking to stay out of politics now, because I'm drowning in cancel culture & to enjoy the chance to communicate with interesting people. Interesting to see someone cancel themself because someone disagrees with them. I don't understand cutting off all communication for the sake of "I'm right, you're wrong."

Yesterday's discussion on baytril between 3 experts was a prime example of agreeing to disagree. But out of that came a "pros & cons" discussion that was worth reading.

Thank you one & all for saying what you think on many occasions.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga

Wth is going here? Lol

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
What the F***???? I stay away for a bit and it all goes to hell. @Tolis the tortoise... there is nobody on this forum that has been disliked more than I. I do not have a filter between my mouth and my brain. I am always getting into arguments with mouthy newbies. But I do not allow any of that to take away my enjoyment here. The CDR is fun to join, and the Nuthouse is more fun than any, and right now they are talking about the best concert you ever went to. Man, don't turn tail and run, explore TFO, don't allow anybody or anything to chase you away.
Post the stuff YOU want to post, and that way, you also learn. It's more fun than not here...

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales

Maybe theres a language barrier but it seems you misunderstood that post. I have felt the same way as you and even asked the same question but ultimately there are some positives to not being able to edit long term. Dont worry about what you have said, but think carefully about what your about to say. And dont worry, we all make mistakes and say the wrong things sometimes.

Aloysius Taschse

Mainly Texas
I am very confused about this post...

If it is actually serious I don't think anyone is useless on this forum, as everyone has a purpose. Others can learn if you make a mistake. You can learn from others mistakes. You don't even need a tort to be on this forum! (Like me, ? ) Anyways, hopefully this isn't a joke as now people will know that I like to make "inspiring" speeches/rants. ? Hopefully you haven't left yet!

Here is my feedback for the tort forum: I love it, but I wish it had more things like tortoise competitions. (Tortoise pageant, tortoise race, etc.) Either way, I really enjoy being here!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
This forum is littered with posts by myself that say things I no longer agree with.
Just update the information later on as you get new information or hit REPORT and ask a Moderator or Administrator to remove the whole post.
We all change our minds or misspeak

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
What the F***???? I stay away for a bit and it all goes to hell. @Tolis the tortoise... there is nobody on this forum that has been disliked more than I. I do not have a filter between my mouth and my brain. I am always getting into arguments with mouthy newbies. But I do not allow any of that to take away my enjoyment here. The CDR is fun to join, and the Nuthouse is more fun than any, and right now they are talking about the best concert you ever went to. Man, don't turn tail and run, explore TFO, don't allow anybody or anything to chase you away.
Post the stuff YOU want to post, and that way, you also learn. It's more fun than not here...
Really?
I've certainly never noticed

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have to admit that it would be nice to be able to edit a post after a longer period. I am not sure of the reasoning behind such a short edit window?

I am not about to stomp off in a sulk if it can’t be changed though.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Frankly, I have always been very glad my sister is who she is in many respects. I have called her many many times and begged her to delete or change whatever screw up I had just posted. The one that comes quickest, was at the beginning of the pandemic and was about the hoarding and that kinda stuff. So in the best (or worst) Maggie style I posted a rant on FB using profanity like the best truck driver ever...'f' this and 'f' that mostly. Again, it was Facebook...but somehow, when I came over to TFO from FB and posted something else, my f bomb laden rant posted on TFO! In trying to delete it, I reposted it twice. Oh my lordy...I freakin panicked, seriously. This rant actually was bad even for FB. So now it's 3 times posted here. Holy sh*t! lol. Fortunately for me she actually answered her phone and deleted it all, I think. Also I believe only a couple of members read it, maybe Tom and ZEROPILOT. Too long ago for my memory. Glad I mostly don't act like that anymore...I think lol

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I have to admit that it would be nice to be able to edit a post after a longer period. I am not sure of the reasoning behind such a short edit window?

I am not about to stomp off in a sulk if it can’t be changed though.

Yes....it’s a pretty short window from Submit to View to recognizing a typo to bring able to Edit. Maybe 15 mins would be better. But it’s the same for everyone. In the end, like an old supervisor used to say, “Rear View Mirror” time to just keep moving forward.