Feedback Please: Baby Sulcata

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
THANK YOU!! When sizing a tortoise, are we going head to tail or side to side? I am guessing head to tail. I think the tent option will be the most realistic and I have seen some pictures of that so will move in that direction. You are correct that I only have two lights (the wrong UVB/basking). I need to correct both lights AND buy a night time heat one (not red). I ordered seeds for fresh grasses from Tortoise Supply yesterday but will look at Mazuri and dried leaves.

Thank you and everyone for the help.
Measurement is..SCL...straight carapace length. Push the babie's face into the wall, so his head is inside and put your tape right behind his head, to the end of his top shell...easy peasy

mojo_1

Location (City and/or State)
Saint Clairsville OH
THANK YOU!! When sizing a tortoise, are we going head to tail or side to side? I am guessing head to tail. I think the tent option will be the most realistic and I have seen some pictures of that so will move in that direction. You are correct that I only have two lights (the wrong UVB/basking). I need to correct both lights AND buy a night time heat one (not red). I ordered seeds for fresh grasses from Tortoise Supply yesterday but will look at Mazuri and dried leaves.

Thank you and everyone for the help.
It is front of shell to back of shell. To measure put down a piece of painters masking tape slide the front of the shell against a wall or similar solid object and mark the tape at back of shell then measure the distance from wall to mark on tape.