Feeding question

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
So I'm new to leopards so don't beat me down if this is the dumbest question ever (lol).
Would droplets of organic mixed carrot baby food on diced spring mix be a good or bad idea? I bought a couple of pouches of organic mixed baby food for soaking and wondered if it was better to get it in them through food instead. It's just organic carrots and purple carrots. It has A LOT if vitamin A, some calcium, some vitamin C, and even some iron...naturally, not fortified.
So good or bad idea to use a couple of drops of it?
And holy WOW, do baby leopards EAT. They have amazing appetites!

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
No questions are stupid, and they generally lead to great info for everyone.
No problem feeding that

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Totally okay ... and you can also use the baby food in soaks. Just be sure that is does not have fruits because of the sugars. Best to keep fruits away until much older when their systems are more developed and can handle it. A lot of the squish out baby foods I noticed have vegetables, but with fruits. Squash and carrot are good.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
For a healthy leopard with a good appetite, this is not necessary. Carrots are high in sugar and if you feed enough of it often enough it could become a problem. No need for a baby food soak on a healthy animal.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Baby food soaks are for sick none eating tortoises or who may be lacking vitamin A. Puffy eyes can be a sign of vitamin A deficiency and therefore the soaks would be warranted. Otherwise a healthy tort eating a good diet, should not have added vitamin "A" as too much can be as bad as too little.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Thank you Barb! I was doing squash every Sunday, but my babies are healthy. I guess my thinking was to insure they stay healthy. Stop, in the name of love. : )