Feel that sunshine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjdeisher

5 Year Member
So, right now is prime in Indiana. Highs in the low 90s lows in the high 60s. So even tho he's a baby, I decided to get Paul some good natural sun. Now, I only have a 4x6 balcony to let him out on (our apartment treats the grass). So I have to have something easy to put away after his outside time so that theres room for more than 1 person out here. Attempt 1) let him roam the balcony... His little claws kept getting stuck in the wood. Attempt 2) I have an old dog kennel with a removable bottom, use the bottom to let him wander. Got some shade, a little food, and a hide in case he wants to chill alone. I'm just glad i can give him some outside time...even if it isn't in grass.

image-2276202149.png

image-3563453130.png

image-919533823.png

image-2667993077.png

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
You can use a variety of things;

a plastic kiddie pool (small one to fit the balcony)

four 2x4x? what ever length of area you want to provide (along with a piece of plywood cut to fit the bottom of the same space you want to cover and surround with the cut 2x4's

a low height flat clear plastic type sweater or xmas tree storage box

:D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You should go to a friends house, parents, anybody you know that doesn't treat their grass and cut some sod out and put it on the tray for him. You could also start growing some in low side trays to let him graze in when he is out, or even in. However, make sure he can't get over the side and fall off the balcony:(

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
I was a little worried about him getting through the slats (is that even a word?!?)...the spaces between the boards.

Mjdeisher

5 Year Member
wellington said:
You should go to a friends house, parents, anybody you know that doesn't treat their grass and cut some sod out and put it on the tray for him. You could also start growing some in low side trays to let him graze in when he is out, or even in. However, make sure he can't get over the side and fall off the balcony:(

Hmmm, didn't think about snatching someone else's grass... I don't have much of a green thumb but if it's already grown, maybe I can keep it alive ;). It doesn't show in the pics but the balcony has a base board around it that's a few inches taller than he is. Lol... Which doesn't take much.

Laurie said:
I was a little worried about him getting through the slats (is that even a word?!?)...the spaces between the boards.

I was worried too at first! I went as far as to measure them all and make sure. Then I helped him across each board he was speeding across so his little legs wouldnt fall in the spaces. He eats so much when he's outside, is it because in a sense, the sun makes him feel...rejuvenated?

Status
Not open for further replies.