Feel the love

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Welcome to tortoise mommyhood:D

Yay lol I probably poked my fingers with the screw a hundred times and burnt my fingers at least a dozen. But I don't have any aluminum foil so what else can I use?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Ya ever hear that old saying..."the right tool for the job..."? Just so you know, "they" do make an attachment for your drill that makes a big hole. :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yeah but Yvonne, if she had used the correct tool, she would not have the wounds to prove to Moonpie how much she likes her. ;) :D

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Ya ever hear that old saying..."the right tool for the job..."? Just so you know, "they" do make an attachment for your drill that makes a big hole. :p

HAHAHAHA! I had to use what I had available :p if I had a jigsaw it wouldn't have taken me like two hours either :p but hey it's finished reguardless of how it got accomplished right? Now if I can just find some aluminum foil APPARENTLY everyone I know is out :'( tomorrow I'm going to my mammaws to look for some wood and will be back at square one unfortunately...

Jacqui said:
Yeah but Yvonne, if she had used the correct tool, she would not have the wounds to prove to Moonpie how much she likes her. ;) :D

Exactly! See Jacqui gets me :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
While you are out getting the wood from your moms, get her tinfoil too. She probably has it. Mothers have everything:D

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
wellington said:
While you are out getting the wood from your moms, get her tinfoil too. She probably has it. Mothers have everything:D

Well it's not my mom it's my mamaw but she raised me so she is basically my mom but we ate over there tonight and she didn't have any and my aunt didn't either. BUT I'm gonna buy some. One question though if I use aluminum foil on the plastic tote lid will it melt? If not I don't need the wood lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
DanaLachney said:
wellington said:

Well it's not my mom it's my mamaw but she raised me so she is basically my mom but we ate over there tonight and she didn't have any and my aunt didn't either. BUT I'm gonna buy some. One question though if I use aluminum foil on the plastic tote lid will it melt? If not I don't need the wood lol

Sorry, I don't know what a mamaw is:(So I figured mom. I am from the North, I don't know that Southern slang:p:D

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Sorry, I don't know what a mamaw is:(So I figured mom. I am from the North, I don't know that Southern slang:p:D

LOLOLOL what do u call ur grandmother :p mamaw is my grandmother :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Grandmother or grandma:D my son calls my mother mema and my dad papa or grandpa or grandfather, usually grandma and grandpa. Mamaw is all yours:p:D Just picking, but really it's yours:D

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Grandmother or grandma:D my son calls my mother mema and my dad papa or grandpa or grandfather, usually grandma and grandpa. Mamaw is all yours:p:D Just picking, but really it's yours:D

I have a MaMaw, memaw, a GG (great-grandmother) and a Pawpaw and Pepaw :) my kids have a MaMaw, memaw, GG (great-great grandmother) Nanna, and a MeMe. a bunch of pawpaws and pepaw lol that's all the different ones used around here :p :D

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
emysemys said:

Their called hole saw bits:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...langId=-1&keyword=hole saw bigt&storeId=10051

They are a bit pricey, but they last a long time and are SO handy to have in your bit collection.

Those CHE's get hot, be sure you have enough space between the CHE and your plastic lid. I used a piece of plywood sandwich between the plexiglass and the CHE to buffer the heat a bit. I think I put a pic of this in a previous thread of yours. Something to consider.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
DanaLachney said:
wellington said:

I have a MaMaw, memaw, a GG (great-grandmother) and a Pawpaw and Pepaw :) my kids have a MaMaw, memaw, GG (great-great grandmother) Nanna, and a MeMe. a bunch of pawpaws and pepaw lol that's all the different ones used around here :p :D

Now this is just getting downright confusing to my simple mind. :D Glad we just had Mom, Dad, Grandma or Grandpa, and then for the Greats well ya just add that Great at the beginning. :D

I can't believe nobody has foil. :D Maybe they are too busy keeping names straight to remember to buy some. :D :p I am safe, I have a new and a partial of the big foil and a roll of the smaller size. :p ;)

Redstrike said:
Those CHE's get hot, be sure you have enough space between the CHE and your plastic lid. I used a piece of plywood sandwich between the plexiglass and the CHE to buffer the heat a bit. I think I put a pic of this in a previous thread of yours. Something to consider.

Very good reminder!!!

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
Ok well after drilling holes yesterday for what seemed like forever and today cutting a spot for my basking light this is what I got. It's not pretty but i think it'll do the trick :)

View attachment 17805

Ok well it wont let me upload anymore pics it says I've reached my attachment quota?

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
Ok well it seems to be working pretty well I'm just worried it's too hot in there now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.