fertilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

codyv34

5 Year Member
ik that when feeding your tort, you should make sure that they are fertilizer free.Which i understand why this may be a problem for you tort. I live in Wisconsin, so there are only 6-8 months out of the year that the weather conditions would be suitable for my tort to be outside. My dad fertilizes our yard, and my question is should i never alow my tort on the lawn, or just not right after the lawn is fertilized, either way i wanna make sure he can get some natural sunlight, but i might have to take him to a different location. thanks, cody

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I would not recommend letting the tortoise roam on an area that has been fertilized. Unless you know absolutely for certain that 100% organic fertilizer is being used, which for grass, I doubt it.

Is there any possibility of you being able to have an area on the lawn in a well sunlit spot to build an outdoor enclosure? That way your tortoise would still be able to be outdoors in a safe area and your father can still fertilize the rest of the lawn.

codyv34

5 Year Member
GBtortoises said:
I would not recommend letting the tortoise roam on an area that has been fertilized. Unless you know absolutely for certain that 100% organic fertilizer is being used, which for grass, I doubt it.

Is there any possibility of you being able to have an area on the lawn in a well sunlit spot to build an outdoor enclosure? That way your tortoise would still be able to be outdoors in a safe area and your father can still fertilize the rest of the lawn.

i was considering that option i thought of building an outdoor enclosure, ill have to spend the rest of the winter planing out the design. :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Please keep in mind that water moves fertilizer as well as chemical sprays for up to a year with alot of these type of products....

Status
Not open for further replies.