Filbert is back! Growth concern...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatMurray

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Hey everyone!! So its been years since I last posted on here when I was first getting Filbert. So far we have had a great few years but I've recently discovered his growth is kind of odd. I really hope he is not starting to pyramid!! I've attached pictures so you guys can help me out with the concerns I have with this growth issue. Very scared for my lil guy... Thank you for your time, all relevant information is very much appreciated!! Thanks!! I've attached pictures of him before his bath...hope these help....

Attachments

• securedownload1.jpg
    securedownload1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 21
  • securedownload2.jpg
    securedownload2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 23
  • securedownload3.jpg
    securedownload3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 28
  • securedownload4.jpg
    securedownload4.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 18
  • securedownload5.jpg
    securedownload5.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 24
  • securedownload6.jpg
    securedownload6.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 23
  • securedownload7.jpg
    securedownload7.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 30

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It looks like some pyramiding only on the top scutes. But I don't know anything about that species. However you could send a pm to GBTortoises, to check out your post and see what the thought is by someone that knows that species.
Good luck, beautiful tort.:D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I do see some points on the top...however I can not tell if it is points from old pyramiding though because the newer growth lines appear to be on the smoother side....I also can not decide if the dome as a whole is round as usual or a little more of a peaked dome......it totally could just be the pics, you know? Wait around and see what some other eyeballs make out.....

I do know that you have a beautiful tortoise :D

Katherine

5 Year Member
Not familiar with the species so can not really help you out, but you have a handsome tortoise and I LOVE the name Filbert. Very cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.