Filter stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
I have been running a fluval 4 plus in my ambo's indoor pond for 5 years. It's been great, keeping the water clean, needing the filter cleaned every week or so. An easy thing to do that generated nutrient rich water for the house plants.

Today, after its cleaning, it didn't work when I plugged it in. No hum. Nothing.

Any suggestions? The impeller turns.

They don't make this model anymore. If I can't fix it, what works well instead? Probably 3O gallons in the pond - So i need something rated for 60 gallons at the least. . It needs to work & not be a pain to clean, without that priming horror.

Ideas? Thanks

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
Could be that the prop got pushed out, if you tilted it at an angel the magent that is attatched to the impeller comes out of the coil. I'd push the impeller back in

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
This is a submersible filter. No priming. Water getting in could have shorted the motor, if there is a leak. I can't figure out how to get it apart that far to check the motor, and I don't want to break it trying.

I don't know if the impeller spins when it's turned on, I just know it turns by hand. It is well seated. It's not obvious how to get it out to clean it or replace it. My attempts to download a manual failed. It's not one if those wobbly magnet jobbies.

Maybe it's beyond repair. That leaves me with the need to replace it. I'd happily get another one of these particular filters if replacements were still available, because this system works.

I already have a collection of filters that don't do the job, so I was hoping for a recommendation from someone with experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.