Finally Success!

methos75

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
I took in two Leopards from a local pet store that could not get anyone to purchase them after a year there and while not being kept badly perse, weren't being kept properly either and feed fruit and greens which they became fixated on. For the last two months no matter what I've tried I could not get them to eat anything but grocery greens no matter what tricks I tried. Finally though in the last two days they have finally accepted dry goods I got from Kapidolofarms, Herbal Hay from Tortoise Supply, and Mazuri. Feel like a proud father!

zovick

10 Year Member!
I took in two Leopards from a local pet store that could not get anyone to purchase them after a year there and while not being kept badly perse, weren't being kept properly either and feed fruit and greens which they became fixated on. For the last two months no matter what I've tried I could not get them to eat anything but grocery greens no matter what tricks I tried. Finally though in the last two days they have finally accepted dry goods I got from Kapidolofarms, Herbal Hay from Tortoise Supply, and Mazuri. Feel like a proud father!
Congrats on your perseverance. Most healthy tortoises can go long periods without eating, especially if they are not used to the foods being offered. However, if you keep offering the proper diet, eventually they "turn on" and start to eat.

Good work!