Finding vegetables for Russian tortoise

Jaime11

Location (City and/or State)
NEW YORK
I am looking for good vegetables to feed my Russian Tortoise. I have the Tortoise Table app but most of the safe foods have issues. I currently feed my tortoise Romaine Lettuce and Dandelion Greens (With Sprinkled Calcium and Vitamins). I want to give him a more larger diet. The foods I found that are best are flowers (which I don’t have access too). I am looking for vegetables that can be purchased at supermarkets, High in Calcium and Vitamins, and can be part of my already diet I have set up for him.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Some great suggestions from wellington! Seeds would definitely be a good idea! Have a look at the wildflower section on the tortoise table and see if there’s any on there that you can grow well where you’re from😊

Whilst you’re here, feel free to check out the care sheet for these guys

And these threads I made recently on the set up side of things, in case it comes in handy for any upgrades/tweaks in the future, not sure if you have an adult or baby so I’ll link both, they’re quite similar aside from humidity needs and soaks tbh

Welcome to the forum!!🐢💚

Jaime11

NEW YORK
Some great suggestions from wellington! Seeds would definitely be a good idea! Have a look at the wildflower section on the tortoise table and see if there’s any on there that you can grow well where you’re from😊

Whilst you’re here, feel free to check out the care sheet for these guys

And these threads I made recently on the set up side of things, in case it comes in handy for any upgrades/tweaks in the future, not sure if you have an adult or baby so I’ll link both, they’re quite similar aside from humidity needs and soaks tbh

Welcome to the forum!!🐢💚
Thank you for the recommendation. Although I will take seeds as a guide on what else they could eat bedsides vegetables, The Tortoise Table app is mostly for Plants, Flowers, and Vegetables.