Fish tail bit off

cortezknight

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1503887322.013707.jpg

So I came home today to discover that my fish's tail was bitten off, don't know if it was another fish that did it or my turtle but she has scratches on her body as well, will she be alright or is she in bad shape ?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Some of us that have tropical fish euthanize in a few ways:
The old flush down the toilet way and the place it in the freezer way.
The act of slowly freezing the fish to death is widely accepted, but honestly something I've never done before. Flushing it seems to be a slow and miserable death. I catch them in a net and give them a quick and forceful "wack" on something hard. A kitchen counter top?....
I don't think that poor fish has any chance of recovering. Hopefully the turtle finished what he started, and did so quickly.

cortezknight

Some of us that have tropical fish euthanize in a few ways:
The old flush down the toilet way and the place it in the freezer way.
The act of slowly freezing the fish to death is widely accepted, but honestly something I've never done before. Flushing it seems to be a slow and miserable death. I catch them in a net and give them a quick and forceful "wack" on something hard. A kitchen counter top?....
I don't think that poor fish has any chance of recovering. Hopefully the turtle finished what he started, and did so quickly.

The fish is no longer present inside the tank so I'm sure the turtle did it and eventually ate her