Flavored Cuttlebone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
interesting. I haven't tried them but I would be curious to know the results. Would tortoises be fooled into thinking it's something fruity by the smell and color? We have seen them try to eat substrate that is under a colored light.

Or would they be able to realize it's the same as the regular cuttlebone/calcium powder and treat it similarly to the others that they nibble on when they naturally feel the urge (knowing that their body needs it, or not)?

TortNewbie

5 Year Member
Lol thats what I'm wondering. Almost all of the comments under it on the site from bird owners that have tried them love them so I'm curious to see if a tort would like it as well.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area
I want to know what the guy in the lab was thinking when he created these, plus did he taste them to make sure they really tasted like chili and lime...lol...seems someone had too much time on their hands...

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Pittsburgh, PA
I got a berry flavoured one for my parrotlets months ago, and they are more or less just terrified of it.
I keep meaning to pick them up a new unflavoured one, but they are always broken.

I think it might be a good way to get tortoises to try cuttlebone if they've been reluctant before, but,
who knows.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I buy these for the birds at school and they love them.... but bird aren't torts

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
S. CA
jojodesca said:
I want to know what the guy in the lab was thinking when he created these, plus did he taste them to make sure they really tasted like chili and lime...lol...seems someone had too much time on their hands...

You had me laughing with the tasting each of these - true they have too much time on their hands. I also agree with Joe's Mom - it is not natural so I won't do it here with my tortoises. It is all about making money and retail packaging...

TortNewbie

5 Year Member
Glad to get some feed back. :D I wasn't planning on getting one I was just curious to see if anyone tried one. And about the guy in the lab tasting them thats actually a funny mental image. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.