flexseal

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfootkid

5 Year Member
I think the spray on rubber stuff is called flex seal. anyway at my aquarium club meeting today (I keep fish) a guy gave me a tank that has a big crack in the bottom. He told me I could use it for My Redfoot because it doesn't hold water. My redfoot likes to dig in random places so im worried he might hit the crack and get his claw stuck or scratch himself or do something to his shell. So I was wondering if this flex seal stuff is safe for tortoises because thats what i plan on using to coat the bottom.
Any help would be appreciated!:tort:

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
You could put 100% silicone over the crack. Just a thought.

redfootkid

5 Year Member
That was my first idea but the silicone would leave a bump and i think my tort might try to eat or claw at it

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
You will be on with silicone. The corners silicone in the same aquarium intended for use. Just silicone it and apply some tape over it. I would also suggest deeper substrate if your tort likes to dig all the way to the bottom. I would seriously doubt he would try and eat it.

redfootkid

5 Year Member
alright then ill get another bag of repti-bark on the weekend. would do it soonerbut the fuel pump went on the car and itll be in the shop for a while

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
You could always smooth silicon done so its not such a big bump with your finger just be careful not to cut your self.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I would suggest getting a differebt subtrate to mix in if you are going to be adding substrate anyways. Maybe cypress mulch or coir

redfootkid

5 Year Member
yeah I think im gonna put a base layer of reptibark and a layer thats a mix of coconut coir and mulch on the bark. with sphagnum moss on top since in my house in winter humidity doesn't last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.