Flips his plant pot over every day!

Rjaneh

Location (City and/or State)
Merseyside
My Hermanns tortoise is just over one year old and in his substrate he has an overturned half plastic plant pot which he can use as a little shelter.

Every single day he goes inside the plant pot and flips it over and moves it around . Is this just innocent playing or could there be another reason for this? Thanks [emoji4]

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If it's a rounded pot that is just sitting on top of the substrate, he will be doing that just by walking into it and trying to tuck himself into a corner. Set it within the substrate so it can't roll around.

Rjaneh

Merseyside
If it's a rounded pot that is just sitting on top of the substrate, he will be doing that just by walking into it and trying to tuck himself into a corner. Set it within the substrate so it can't roll around.

Thanks for your reply but na the plant pot is dug well deep into the substrate! My tortoise will go out of his way to push it over, he can fit inside it snuggly if he wants to, just he chooses not !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It might be too small for him.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I have to keep a brick on top of my Redfoots hide because he enjoys rearranging his furniture from time to time too.

daniellenc

Maryland
I have to keep a brick on top of my Redfoots hide because he enjoys rearranging his furniture from time to time too.
Skurt just started doing this and I'm already tired of rearranging his cage daily. Hoping my AP cage is here soon.......still waiting but hopefully the extra room will help.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Skurt just started doing this and I'm already tired of rearranging his cage daily. Hoping my AP cage is here soon.......still waiting but hopefully the extra room will help.
My Tortoise goes outside in a pen everyday. He only comes inside to sleep so it's not the space with him he just has an attitude.