Food baths

Lucypup

Location (City and/or State)
Overton morecambemambu
I am no friend of letting tortoises roam free in the house or appartement. To much danger for the tort on the floor to get hurt and a cold draft on the floor that can make them sick.
Have you mentioned that you have a dog ? Dogs often take tortoises for a chew toy....
Yes but don't panic the dog is kept well away from him and while he is out I watch him all the time I am very cautious as i rescued him after a dog had him and I don't want him frightened also I put him straight back when ha appears like he has had enough or feels cold

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
Yes but don't panic the dog is kept well away from him and while he is out I watch him all the time I am very cautious as i rescued him after a dog had him and I don't want him frightened also I put him straight back when ha appears like he has had enough or feels cold

Every time a floor related incident happens, it always starts with “I was watching him the entire time, and I only turned my head for ________ seconds!” Letting your tort roam the floor is a mistake. Along with having the very large chance of your tort getting hurt, it also lets your tort know that there is a world out there bigger than his enclosure. He will be constantly scraping against the walls trying to get out. Even keeping the dog away from him isn’t enough, because there will just be one day where the dog just wasn’t far enough, and your tort will be injured or killed.