1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Food baths

Discussion in 'General Tortoise Discussion' started by Lucypup, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Tom

Tom The Dog Trainer 5 Year Member

TechnoCheese likes this.
  2. Lucypup

Lucypup New Member

Yes but don't panic the dog is kept well away from him and while he is out I watch him all the time I am very cautious as i rescued him after a dog had him and I don't want him frightened also I put him straight back when ha appears like he has had enough or feels cold
  3. TechnoCheese

TechnoCheese Well-Known Member

Every time a floor related incident happens, it always starts with “I was watching him the entire time, and I only turned my head for ________ seconds!” Letting your tort roam the floor is a mistake. Along with having the very large chance of your tort getting hurt, it also lets your tort know that there is a world out there bigger than his enclosure. He will be constantly scraping against the walls trying to get out. Even keeping the dog away from him isn’t enough, because there will just be one day where the dog just wasn’t far enough, and your tort will be injured or killed.