Footlocker is coming up in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsGREEN

5 Year Member
IMG_4959.JPG Footlocker has his new temp home, he loves making race tracks in here. He also prefers roaming around the house over staying at home. My good boy doesn't poo out of the tub so far, which is AWESOME and so easy to clean! The cats are finally starting to come around again since his arrival. That's good. I hope they will be friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Janie:

I don't mean to pick on you, but you really need to get rid of the wood shavings substrate and get something that can be moistened. Redfoot tortoises do much better in a more humid environment. Cypress mulch, coconut coir, even clean top soil would all be better choices.

Footlocker is a very pretty tortoise. I love his red head!

MrsGREEN

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Janie:

I don't mean to pick on you, but you really need to get rid of the wood shavings substrate and get something that can be moistened. Redfoot tortoises do much better in a more humid environment. Cypress mulch, coconut coir, even clean top soil would all be better choices.

Footlocker is a very pretty tortoise. I love his red head!

Well we are building his new enclosure next weekend. He has been living in this for years(the pool is new, but he was in a catbox size enclosure before), so I didn't see urgency in changing it. The plan is a 3x7 foot Tort home with plexi walls, dirt bottom with holes on the bottom for airing, cypress mulch and dandelions growing on the topsoil. He will have a pool, mister and some rocks and hiding places too. We didn't know jack about Torts or their home and had to take him last minute from a dead lady's apartment, this is what he came with: litter box, bag of frozen veggies and ash mulch.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Sounds like you have a well thought out plan for his home in the works :D

That really is a lovely tortoise, very pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.