For My Green Thumb Friends .....

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Okay! Your thumb are very green. You win!!!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Terry your very welcome .......I miss my G=parents as they both have passed many yeas ago .....but the memories of "working/playing" in the lath house and gardens always bring a smile to my face......and yes I'm very proud of G~ma's Flower and registered name. As an only child and no kids myself ... it shall be the "legacy " of our families name . Both G-parents served on the board of directors for the E-club and world renown about growing these and we have donated hundreds of plants to the San Diego Zoo . Between my father and myself we still own an extensive collection. (hint hint ....."cuttings;)) I'm so happy so see someone post one. The blooms can be incredible and HUGE the downside is they only last about 24 hours .....
Thanks for sharing your beautiful flower!
:)~J

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
These are the ones I have blooming now. The yellow one I bought in Hawaii three years ago. The other one is from Jeff.
4e0e55c51793b18d14c60d2da8a9ee84.jpg

3767f28691676db0a815a0b2bb3f9a9c.jpg

pssssstt.............you have one of those in your cuttings~;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
These are the ones I have blooming now. The yellow one I bought in Hawaii three years ago. The other one is from Jeff.
4e0e55c51793b18d14c60d2da8a9ee84.jpg

3767f28691676db0a815a0b2bb3f9a9c.jpg

WOOHOO, can't wait to get that one blooming. I can't believe I finally have plumies in Chicago, thanks to you;):)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Woooo Hooo! .......Now were talking ....Great job Barb!!!!:).......It's been so warm out here I will have blooms probably well into Dec.
If ya notice ...the other cool thing with plumies ...is the different flower shapes and sizes......
Here a few more teasers.....:p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
As usual everything you post is so beautiful. I found this plant, which was much smaller, at a yard sale for $.50. It grew like crazy last Summer and this Summer when I put if out it bloomed. I had no idea. I would love to know what it is....any idea.View attachment 99387

WOW, another beautiful flower. .50 cents, I bet they never got a flower out of it. Or they are just nuts. Great buy.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
just to add to some flavors and start everyone's day with a smile .......:)

Pink Shell (one of my Favo's) ......The Bloom itself stays in a conical form ...(very intense smell - wonderful)

JD~;)

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Is this plumeria?
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1412867750.553122.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1412867777.686628.jpg
It grows very well where I live, you just water and you usually get blooms :D

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Is this plumeria?
View attachment 99450
View attachment 99451
It grows very well where I live, you just water and you usually get blooms :D

"Celadine" I believe is the name of that one .....other wise known as Also known as Hawaiian Yellow or Graveyard Plumeria. This plumeria has large flowers with a big yellow center that fades to a creamy white at the tips. Blooms are about 3 1/2 inches. Strong lemon fragrance and excellent keeping quality. A very common and easy to root species.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York

"Celadine" I believe is the name of that one .....other wise known as Also known as Hawaiian Yellow or Graveyard Plumeria. This plumeria has large flowers with a big yellow center that fades to a creamy white at the tips. Blooms are about 3 1/2 inches. Strong lemon fragrance and excellent keeping quality. A very common and easy to root species.
I think it has a light sweet smell, not a lemony one :confused:...

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
I think it has a light sweet smell, not a lemony one :confused:...
Here is a great link with pics and identification of named varieties....

http://www.junglejacksplumeria.com/#!sort-by-theme/cbhd

;)

Some fun Plumeria Trivia facts ......
The frangipani is the national tree of Laos, where it is called dok jampa. It is regarded as a sacred tree in Laos and every Buddhist temple in that country has them planted in their courtyards. Many of the trees are hundreds of years old and are spectacular, huge, gnarled giants.