Found sulcata tortoise in Eugene Oregon.

cinkay

Location (City and/or State)
Eugene, or
Chat Conversation Start

12:30PM
We found a sulcata tortoise about 3 weeks ago in my parents carport. I have read everything I can find on how to care for them and think I am dong a OK job however we realize how big they get and know we can not keep him because we just don't have the kind of space he will need. We are hoping to find him a home with someone who has successful raise them.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Have you tried to find the original owner? They might be happy to have him back. Place signs in the carport, on FB, around the nearest neighborhoods, etc.

If you have tried, please continue to do so before passing him on to a new home. 3 weeks isn't a very long time. Give it some more time, spread the word out further and have fun tort sitting while you wait. ;)

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
@cinkay - Greetings neighbor! Have you contacted Greenhill Humane Society about the sully? I recall seeing a lost tortoise add on one of the facebook pet groups recently. I may have someone I can put you in contact with in Junction City who has space and was looking for another tortoise to add to their family if you would like. If you want to PM me I can get you on my facebook or put you in phone/text contact with the lady I'm thinking of.

How big is this particular tortoise?

cinkay

Eugene, or
Have you tried to find the original owner? They might be happy to have him back. Place signs in the carport, on FB, around the nearest neighborhoods, etc.

If you have tried, please continue to do so before passing him on to a new home. 3 weeks isn't a very long time. Give it some more time, spread the word out further and have fun tort sitting while you wait. ;)

cinkay

Eugene, or
We have definitely tried finding his owners! We went door to door in a 4 block radius, we have signs on every corner and we have spoke with the local reptile store to let them know if someone comes in looking for a tortoise that has been lost to give them our number. He is about six months old and I am affraid someone got bored with owning a tortoise and let him go. The store owner also informed us that druggies come in all the time and steal them and then go back to try to return them for cash. I just want to make sure he gets somewhere that he will be well cared for.

cinkay

Eugene, or
@cinkay - Greetings neighbor! Have you contacted Greenhill Humane Society about the sully? I recall seeing a lost tortoise add on one of the facebook pet groups recently. I may have someone I can put you in contact with in Junction City who has space and was looking for another tortoise to add to their family if you would like. If you want to PM me I can get you on my facebook or put you in phone/text contact with the lady I'm thinking of.

How big is this particular tortoise?

cinkay

Eugene, or
We did not think of Greenhill, I will call them today to see if anyone has inqured about a lost sully. I would love the information for your friend if you think she would be interested and that she would give him/her a good home. We have named him Chronos.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I'm up in Spokane until Tuesday, if you have him in a safe place for now it might take me a few days to make a connection with the gal.
What part of town are you in? I'd love to see pics of him!

cinkay

Eugene, or
I'm up in Spokane until Tuesday, if you have him in a safe place for now it might take me a few days to make a connection with the gal.

cinkay

Eugene, or
That would be great! I will get some good pictures of him tomorrow along with is "home" we made him. We are in Santa Clara. Chronos.jpg

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Another thought is to call Reptile Universe on 11th and Chambers and ask if anyone has stolen a tortoise recently. They usually keep the little guys locked up, but you never know.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
He's super little!

Glad to hear you actively searched for the previous owner.

Since you have some time until the size becomes an issue, take your time on finding a good home. Lurk around here a bit to learn what questions to ask the potential adopters to give him the best chance.