Found this guy on my doorstep! .

morloch

5 Year Member
I gave him a soak right away!. He looked so dhydrated. I think he sat in the water for an hour. I had to keep warming the water. Don't know where he came from,, and why my home? Anyway, not sure what to do with the little guy. But,,,, I kind of named him Walter!ImageUploadedByTortForum1380059601.083671.jpg. he needs a name.!

Oh,,, and please someone tell me what sort of tort, he is please?! I'm guessing marginated?

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's such a cute pic. Like look at me, aren't I cute, keep me, keep me:D. I'm not sure what it is. Marginated possible, hermanns maybe, how big is it?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
He's adoreable! I wish someone would leave that on my doorstep!

morloch

5 Year Member
Smaller than a tennis ball?! Lol, I'm just rummaging through everything I own to make him homey! He's just sleeping inside a blanket right now, I'll get more pics later. I will need to know what to feed him. I found a bookshelf and an extra shower curtain for now , soaking coco stuff as we speak. And I have an extra light, sweet., I don't know if I can keep him., they are a lot of responsibility .

Morlochs already a big one! Two???!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not good with those type, but my first guess was hermann's. He looks like he hasn't had the best of care.

morloch

5 Year Member
I compared him to some pictures , of torts , from my previous job. He looks like a marginated I used to look after.

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
AW: Found this guy on my doorstep! .

Post some pictures of his plastron.
He's very cute. <3
Sent from my GT-I9100 using TortForum mobile app

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
My first thought is Marginated also. Thanks for taking the little one in! He obviously ran to the right place!

tortoise_luvergirl

5 Year Member
kanalomele said:
My first thought is Marginated also. Thanks for taking the little one in! He obviously ran to the right place!

maybe he either got loose or someone dumped him :( sad reality especially in warm states. glad you took him in though. I would have done the same thing!

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Definitely not Hermans, looks like Marginated. He's so cute!! Quite the little mystery!

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Wasn't there another TFO member who kept getting torts or turts showing up on her doorstep? It's very lucky for the tort. Makes me wonder if a neighbor or someone knows of your history with tortoises and thought you'd do a better job with this guy than his current keepers (which you clearly will).

morloch

5 Year Member
He was in a little box with a small towel . My friend who loves my guy and brings him food will be taking Walter. She loves the name!!! She will be putting him in a 120 tank for now, I guess I get my bookshelf back!!! . I'm excited to go shopping with her today . For all the goodies little Walter or marg will need!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
He's very cute! My boyfriend would fall over if we had tort show up on our front door, but I would be like poor baby, I'll keep you :D

Life is good

morloch

5 Year Member
I would love to keep him,,, but I love my one tort and that's really enough. My friend loves her pets and takes amazing care of them! She planted pumpkins just for morloch,,, and now she will have her own tort( she was a little relieved that hers will stay much smaller!). Best of course,, I get to visit Walter!

tortoise_luvergirl

5 Year Member
I wish I was there.. i'd take him in. HOW anyone can just throw away a tortoise is beyond me? I am ALWAYS reading and researching for better ways to care for willow. I can't beleieve how fast she is growing! I give TOM on here ALOT of credit for his advice to me :)