Freddy and Marigold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fushball

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi!
Am a 'newbie' member but our family aren't new to torties. We've had Marigold ten years since she was about the size of a 50p and Freddy two years or so, and he's at least 40 (noone knows exactly). Freddy came to us looking for a new home, and Marigold we bought from a breeder who we knew.

So I thought you'd like to meet them. Mostly I wanna show this cute photo I took today :)

Tortoise kisses (Mari on the left, Freddy on the right)
DSC00758.jpg

Foot warmer
DSC00756.jpg

Having a drink - this is the cute one!
DSC00900.jpg

Charging on our cat Jess! :p
DSC00755.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Very nice! (and you have a lovely crop of dandelions in your lawn!!!)

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

I love the drink picture...they must eat pretty good... looking at those dandelions in your lawn....pretty kitty!

Fushball

5 Year Member
UK
Freddy isn't such a fan but Marigold LOVES dandelions so she is very happy with that :)
She has a lot of personality. When I was sitting outside this afternoon she was climbing all over me and going to see the cats, a very curious and friendly tortoise :]
Thanks!

Fushball

5 Year Member
UK
I meant to ask earlier, Mari was squeaking earlier when I gave her that glass of water. I'm wondering why? Never heard her do it before!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
My little Trevor's jaw/beak makes noise when it gets wet with water. Did it sound like that?

Fushball

5 Year Member
UK
I don't know, it wasn't high pitched, and she kept making it and I've never heard it before when giving her water, so I don't think the water would have caused it? I made a video but I'm not sure if you can hear it as it was made on my phone. I'll try and upload it! :)

Fushball

5 Year Member
UK
Fushball said:
I don't know, it wasn't high pitched, and she kept making it and I've never heard it before when giving her water, so I don't think the water would have caused it? I made a video but I'm not sure if you can hear it as it was made on my phone. I'll try and upload it! :)

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n123/Fushball/?action=view&current=MOV00899.flv

At the very beginning of the video you hear two little sounds... they sound like burps! That's her squeaky thing.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Hmm that was interesting. I swear I heard two kinds of noises--one sounded like the wet beak squeak noise I was talking about, and the other sounded like a tort fart! Yes I have heard my tort fart. :)

Either way, I don't think you need to worry. The kinds of noises that are worrisome are trouble breathing, gurgling, wheezing, and similar.

Oh, and do you really have them drink out of a glass, or is that a more fun thing? Most torts like to get into a large shallow dish to both soak and drink. Are those blank water pans above for them? Can they get into them?

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Awwww so cuuuute !!! i don't think you need to worry about those noises Lou, sounds normal. I agree with Kate, the wheezing or gurgling sounds shuld get you worrying, but those sounds are ok....maybe it was just her gulping the water down? Hehe Lovely torts!

Fushball

5 Year Member
UK
Yeah probably or trying to have a chat, thinking she's human drinking from a glass :p
Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.