Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
In that case, you will need to ask whichever moderator changed the title.

That was me because I thought there was confusion with the first response. That wasn't your intent? If so, I'll delete what I added.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't think there's a moderator on the forum who hasn't succumbed to the wishes of the OP when they've asked for their thread to be closed. If the OP asks to close a thread, we do. That's all there is to it. You've done it yourself, Barb.

I didn't see the OP ask for this. Was it done in a PM? Seems unfair to let someone start a useful discussion and then just end it when they perceive it is not going there way at the moment. I saw her thread as a useful discussion. Mike has recently pointed out several times how we learn most from respectful disagreements. I don't think that lady was respectful of me when she started name calling me, but I've got a thick skin, so that didn't bother me. I thought there were some beneficial points being made there, and I am quite certain that more good points would have been made, and helpful info shared had the thread not been abruptly locked to to Jacqui's emotional reaction/over-reaction to this.

This is a forum for "Talking Tortoises". We can't talk if threads are locked.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is a forum for "Talking Tortoises". We can't talk if threads are locked.

Remember this the next time you ask one of us to close a thread for you.

SteveW

Steve, Thanks for this thread. .

You're welcome. In spite of our bitter, almost violent disagreements over closed chambers, I very much appreciate the amount of actual information you provide. Tattoos and lotto winnings are all good fun, but it starts to be a forum for people that like tortoises, instead of a forum about tortoises.

I, for one, would prefer information. Even if (in the case of my redfoots shell) it does not always give my ego a boost.

Cheers!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I came late to the thread, and didn't really see what was going on as it was happening, but reading the whole thing at one time it became obvious to me that you were beating a dead horse, Tom. You made your point, and even though she kept saying she wasn't going to change, you kept on at her. There's only so much we can do. Make your point then leave it alone.

Yes ma'am. Thank you for your wisdom and advice.

You know from dealing with me over the years that sometimes I find a dead horse worth beating so that people OTHER than the person involved in the argument might benefit from the discussion. THAT is why I persisted.

Because I truly believe that her tortoise's life is on the line, I felt it was worth it to persist at the risk of upsetting the OP. Something in that scenario is going to cause harm to that tortoise: The slick floors, dogs, cold temps, stairs, dropped foreign bodies, tripping husband, doors, kids running around, etc…

I know that some people feel I should have let it go sooner, but the welfare of the animal that landed in her care matters more to me than her feelings. If that makes me a bad guy, then a bad guy, I will be.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
helpful info shared had the thread not been abruptly locked to to Jacqui's emotional reaction/over-reaction to this.
[

Tom learn facts please BEFORE making these types of negative false comments. As I recall, all the times you have asked us Mods to close your threads, you have done it by PM.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
[

Tom learn facts please BEFORE making these types of negative false comments. As I recall, all the times you have asked us Mods to close your threads, you have done it by PM.

Now would be a good time for you to inform me of the facts, would it not?

False comments? Did you not type in " *walks off in disgust* " and hit "POST REPLY". Forgive me, but that seems like an emotional response to me. I have no interest in arguing with you, so may I request you share some facts?

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
I'm not sure who this thread is helping. It's not a debate in tortoise husbandry, it's a debate on how different people handled themselves in a particular forum thread. I'd move this into off-topic or maybe even site feedback.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
sorry folks this thread has just devolved to mame callimg & insultss I'm closing it. if you think this thread serves a purpose you can petition to reopen it

Status
Not open for further replies.