Fruity Turtle Cake (For People)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanderingl

5 Year Member
149468_10151219577690916_2086771737_n.jpg
I thought some of you might really enjoy this:
RECIPE:
Peeled, and thinly sliced kiwis (as many as it takes to cover shell)
Bananas, thinly sliced, lengthwise
Coconut flesh (1/2 cup)
Coconut water (1/4 cup)
Dates, pitted (1/2 cup)

1. Put coconut flesh, coconut water, and dates into a blender, and blend on high until you get an "icing" like consistency (not too liquidy, if it is too thin, add more dates)

2. Start with layered bananas on the bottom, followed by some coconut date "icing", followed by thinly sliced kiwi rounds, and then some more "icing", and then more banana slices. Continue this pattern, moving slowly into the center until you get a 1/2 circle shape on your plate.

3. Next, layer the 1/2 circle with thinly sliced kiwi rounds to make the green colour of the turtle shell.

4. Make the head, feet, and tail, simply by carving out individual kiwis to get the shapes as pictured in the picture

Last edited by a moderator:

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Sounds like it might be worth a try! I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum! You should go to the introduction and tell us about yourself! :)

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Cute idea and healthy too! Looks like the bf and I will be trying this sometime in the future. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is the cutest cake I have ever seen. Just love it. I will be trying it too. Looks good, yet too cute to eat. Hmmm, eat, save, eat, save, oh heck, I'm going to take a picture and then eat it:D
Oh, almost forgot, I was so excited thinking about that cake. Hello and Welcome. :) thanks for the great recipe.

wanderingl

5 Year Member
Thanks all!
Not to terribly much to tell though.
Enjoy the healthy "eats"!

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Hello and welcome!! That is SUCH A CUTE CAKE!! I want to make one, but I don't want to, because I'll feel SO bad if I eat it...

Status
Not open for further replies.