Funny things

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Does anyone else’a tort like. Run over and greet them when you enter the room ? it’s honestly my favorite part of coming home. Another thing too, does anyone else’s spin in circles when you rub/scratch their shells and chase you when you stop and walk away lol. Respond back with the funny things your torts do ?0768224A-9285-481A-8478-50E2CEBABDDD.jpeg

Herman_WA

Washington
Mine will come and greet me, and loves to listen to music. He perks up and goes to where it is playing when he hears his favorite songs. And yes, he does have favorites.
Sometimes it calms him down too.

(And he never seems stressed)
But, then again, I didn't think torts could hear the same way we could.....

Last edited:
Pennsylvania
Mine will come and greet me, and loves to listen to music. He perks up and goes to where it is playing when he hears his favorite songs. And yes, he does have favorites.

That’s really awesome lol. I love how much personality they have

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Oh my Russian comes over to me all right to ram me! Little brat! It is better than the state at me and hump the planter thing

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA

He doesn't hear like we do. He feels the vibrations made by the music. Have you ever been near a big speaker when it's cranked up? You feel the music, especially the low notes, in your stomach. I think that's what it's like for torts.

Herman_WA

Washington
He doesn't hear like we do. He feels the vibrations made by the music. Have you ever been near a big speaker when it's cranked up? You feel the music, especially the low notes, in your stomach. I think that's what it's like for torts.
Ooohhhhh.... Thanks! Interesting he likes that.