Galapagos

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
You should consider microchipping them so you can keep better track of them if the markings wear off before you get a chance to renew them.

These are great chips but currently out of stock: https://www.microchipidsystems.com/product/new-proid/

We use the 840 version which is linked to our USDA Premise ID number as well.
I can send you some videos on the chipping process, or do it for you when you're ready.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That will make a very nice herd as they all grow up. Gorgeous. Those little new ones are new indeed. They still have that hatching marbling. So cool.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
So beautiful!

Pattjunior

Cape Coral, Florida
You should consider microchipping them so you can keep better track of them if the markings wear off before you get a chance to renew them.

These are great chips but currently out of stock: https://www.microchipidsystems.com/product/new-proid/

We use the 840 version which is linked to our USDA Premise ID number as well.
I can send you some videos on the chipping process, or do it for you when you're ready.
I’ll give you a call this week I’ve been super swamped. Some of mine are micro chipped already but I stopped doing it to all of them because I’m getting thinning the herd so it was an extra expense. Not big but just unnecessary. I do have 2 more that I am going to want to microchip. UGA put in the “Homeagain” chips like you would find in a dog.

Pattjunior

Cape Coral, Florida
That will make a very nice herd as they all grow up. Gorgeous. Those little new ones are new indeed. They still have that hatching marbling. So cool.
It really is! The first one I got I had no idea what was going on with it. Because in the Burmese stars, it’s not as prominent against the lighter color shell. Now it just tells me I’m doing something right.

Attachments

• IMG_1920.jpeg
    IMG_1920.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1921.jpeg
    IMG_1921.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
I’ll give you a call this week I’ve been super swamped. Some of mine are micro chipped already but I stopped doing it to all of them because I’m getting thinning the herd so it was an extra expense. Not big but just unnecessary. I do have 2 more that I am going to want to microchip. UGA put in the “Homeagain” chips like you would find in a dog.
The microchips saved me from some confusion recently. We split a batch up into 4 groups and when we combined them back together two years later we wound up having two number 12 somehow. I would redo the markings every couple of months as they wore off but at some point the number 13 must have worn down to the point that I thought it said 12. Luckily one of these two had already been microchipped so it was easy to sort out the issue.

GTA uses the Home Again chips in all of their tortoises. I think I am the only member using the Microchip ID Systems type. The needle/chip is significantly smaller on the style I use.

two12s.jpg