Gear box for Frog Band.

SteveM

Location (City and/or State)
MS
I realize there is a near 0 chance of finding this but I'm looking for a gear box for an old Frog Band.

Attachments

• 20221204_140211.jpg
    20221204_140211.jpg
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 4

SteveM

MS
The largest sprocket disintegrated. My dad was showing it to my son and you could hear the motor but the frogs weren't moving. I took the bottom off of it, turned some music on to see what wasn't moving and by the time I noticed the the bottom white sprocket wasn't turning the huge sprocket started slinging apart. It was orange but had white specks all over it. I figure it was just dry rotted, my grandpa bought it new in the late 80s - early 90s.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've seen these on Amazon.
Gear variety packs.
I'm wondering if there might be the size you need in something like this?
Or you can attempt to find that gear by its diameter and number of teeth.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204-200558_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221204-200558_Samsung Internet.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 4

SteveM

MS
Thanks a lot. It looked similar to the top left before it exploded, lol. I may have to try something like that. If worse comes to worse I could always send the whole assembly off and get one made for it. Money wise it's worthless but it belonged to my grandpa so I'd like to fix it.

ryan57

PA
Thanks a lot. It looked similar to the top left before it exploded, lol. I may have to try something like that. If worse comes to worse I could always send the whole assembly off and get one made for it. Money wise it's worthless but it belonged to my grandpa so I'd like to fix it.
If not, this is a perfect small project for a 3D printer.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I understand
Be careful inside that gearbox. Everything is the same age and probably all the same fragile plastic

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Looks like only the drive gear has crumbled and my guess it was made of a different material since the ones intact appear to be nylon and won't fall apart. It's in very nice shape......

That's actually a pretty easy fix, once you take the measurements and find the gear. I suggest that you get a "guy on the phone"....in these cases, it works a lot better to talk to someone.

OR- you can do it the "jeff way" and buy more than enough! LOL....these I think are 3mm inner diameter....your requirement may vary....

It's never a lost cause when something breaks......there are a lot of guys here "Who Fix Things"....it just what they do......LOL

Last edited:

SteveM

MS
Looks like only the drive gear has crumbled and my guess it was made of a different material since the ones intact appear to be nylon and won't fall apart. It's in very nice shape......

That's actually a pretty easy fix, once you take the measurements and find the gear. I suggest that you get a "guy on the phone"....in these cases, it works a lot better to talk to someone.

OR- you can do it the "jeff way" and buy more than enough! LOL....these I think are 3mm inner diameter....your requirement may vary....

It's never a lost cause when something breaks......there are a lot of guys here "Who Fix Things"....it just what they do......LOL
Yeah, it was orange, it was probably a different material. I like fixing things too.