Geographics

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Upstate NY
I was just reading thru the thread from last August about this forums 1st birthday. It is amazing how big it has become and how many torts litterly owe their lives to this site!
I thought it might be interesting to see where all the people come from, and where the torts live that are served by this site. I know there is a place where members can put where their from in your CP, but it might be fun to see a map with the countrys and cities highlighted.
In just a few short days, I have seen posts from all over, the US, UK, Dubi, Canada, S. Africa, and I'm sure there are many others.
You truly run an international web site here, and I think it would be fun to see just how wide spread it is. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

M

Maggie Cummings

bettinge said:
I was just reading thru the thread from last August about this forums 1st birthday. It is amazing how big it has become and how many torts litterly owe their lives to this site!
I thought it might be interesting to see where all the people come from, and where the torts live that are served by this site. I know there is a place where members can put where their from in your CP, but it might be fun to see a map with the countrys and cities highlighted.
In just a few short days, I have seen posts from all over, the US, UK, Dubi, Canada, S. Africa, and I'm sure there are many others.
You truly run an international web site here, and I think it would be fun to see just how wide spread it is. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I totally agree with you, but who's gonna do the actual work?

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
these are our top 10 countries by visits [not set must mean the country was not detectable]:
2dqsuno.png

this map goes all the way back to day one and shows the countries with visitors in green. those without visitors are white.
zv7bex.png

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow, Josh! Thanks for that.

Yvonne

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Josh, Thanks so much for your effort! I know this must not have been an easy task. Were you even surprised by how widespread the sites usage is? It looks to me like the site serves the entire world minus those countries where the internet does not exist yet.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thank you Josh, it is amazing to see that a lot of people coming from different countries come on this site and share the same passion : tortoises :D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Boy looking at a map really gives you an amazing perspective at just how far our site reaches. :)
And we can only imagine how many torts and keepers we have touched. :)
Great Job Josh, You must feel really proud that your site has done so well and continues to grow and extend its friendly hand to those world wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.