Germination in about 30 hours!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WamBamCam

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Tx
I bought the broadleaf testudo mix from tortoise supply and could not be happier in the quality of these seeds. This would be the first time I've ever planted anything ( well I did plant a pinto bean in elementary school class), so I was skeptical if I could do it. I wasn't expecting signs of growth until the 1 to 2 week period, but only after 30 hours little sprout began.
HdUd2MN.jpg
BiXn7sc.jpg

sulcatasweety

5 Year Member
I did the same thing with the small packet, and was so excited about it, I turned around and ordered a pound! Lol

WamBamCam

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Tx
Yes it is very exciting. I'm going to try and soak the seeds before planting to see of I can get them to germinate fast.

Soccerplr1

5 Year Member
Congrats!

I ordered some grassland grazing mix and last Saturday I planted two saucers. It was exactly one week until this weekend when I was able to place it in the Sulcata enclosure. It looks fresh and is fairly low maintenance. I see a few spots that appear to have been nibbled. I'm not sure why I did not do this earlier :

- much cheaper and easier than purchasing / snipping / mixing
- healthy 100% tort food
- really easy care and prolongation.

WamBamCam

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Tx
Yeah I totally agree. Much better than buying from the grocery story and only using maybe 1/10 of the produce before it rots.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
If tortoise keeping creates more gardeners and gardens, the world is good! Congrats on your speedy little sprouts! Woo hoo! : )

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Very cool! Where did you get it from?

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Hermann's [TURTLE][TURTLE] & Aussie [DOG FACE][DOG FACE][DOG FACE] (@YWG)

Kirin

5 Year Member
Chino, CA
I just ordered some Chicory seeds, Grazing Tortoise mix seeds, and Plantain Plantago major seeds from Carolina Pet Supply. I can't wait to get them. They were a great price with free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.