Getting Ready For Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Here are some pics of how I change the 16x24 ft enclosure from warm weather to cold weather. Until the leaves fall (usually by mid Nov) not much sun light gets to it.But after that I can put the mountain torts out on sunny days even if it's cold.If it gets to warm inside I can roll the top back to air it out as shown in the last pic. Right now the larger torts are still out going into the heated house at night,probably wont see them out to much tomorrow it's supposed to rain and high temp about 60.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Very cool idea. How much does that raise the temps? I wonder if an old pool solar cover could be used something like that, hmmmm just a thought.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
The pond or the ground has never frozen even though we have gone several days straight with below freezing temps and cloudy skies. Don't know anything about pool covers never used one.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have like this idea, ever since I first saw pictures of what you do. Someday, I just might have to try it myself. ;) Looks in the first picture, like sitting on thehorse would give a great view of the enclosure! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.