Getting the right temps

Crotalis

Location (City and/or State)
Mishawaka, IN
I have a 60w incandescent basking bulb low on the far right (100 degree basking spot). I have a CHE on the far left, situated high in the enclosure; 20" above substrate. (UV lighting is in the middle.) I have a thermostat connected to the CHE, at 82 degrees. But, sometimes it gets to an ambient 100... Suggestions? I also never see my baby leo near the basking spot. (But, I'm also at work most of the day.)

Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What type of enclosure and what size? Closed chamber? Open tub? Glass tank?

Crotalis

Mishawaka, IN
What type of enclosure and what size? Closed chamber? Open tub? Glass tank?
It's a plastic tub. I made a canopy to cover it so I could maintain temps and humidity. The tub is on wheels, and slides out from underneath the canopy.

The odd thing is, when I got home from work, everything was back to normal. (I happened to see the hot temp spike when I stopped home mid-day.) My indoor climate/temp doesn't change more than a few degrees; not enough to warrant the temp increase inside the enclosure. IMG_20180425_191554.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't know what caused your temp spike, but thats a fantastic enclosure idea.

txturtledude

5 Year Member
DFW Area, Texas
It's a plastic tub. I made a canopy to cover it so I could maintain temps and humidity. The tub is on wheels, and slides out from underneath the canopy.

The odd thing is, when I got home from work, everything was back to normal. (I happened to see the hot temp spike when I stopped home mid-day.) My indoor climate/temp doesn't change more than a few degrees; not enough to warrant the temp increase inside the enclosure. View attachment 236883

Cool enclosure! Maybe you manually set the temp higher on the thermostat and it reset afterward. Weird?!?!