getting there

karenfromscotland

Hi, just a little update, im a new tortoise mummy to Mike and was worried about him feeding, well, he now loves mango, spring greens, tomatoes, lettuce stalks. so were getting there. he was just eating the pellets but im happier hes eating these things now. I know this might sound silly but today, when I make a clicking noise with my mouth he came running over and raised his head really high towards me, its like he thought, FOOD TIME hahaha, thanks for all the advice, very helpfull

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad things are going better. I'm not sure what kind of tort you have, but tomatoes are not good for them and should either not be fed, or rarely as a treat and most torts don't need fruit either, too much sugar, so be very careful and sparingly feed that too.

Of course, if you are doing these things to get him to eat a better diet in the long run, I understand.

karenfromscotland

Glad things are going better. I'm not sure what kind of tort you have, but tomatoes are not good for them and should either not be fed, or rarely as a treat and most torts don't need fruit either, too much sugar, so be very careful and sparingly feed that too.

Of course, if you are doing these things to get him to eat a better diet in the long run, I understand.
hi, hes a red foot eight months old, ok, didn't know hat about tomato, thanks, that will now be very limited, can they eat sprouts leaves?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Redfoot tortoise from what I can tell....so the fruits and veggies are ok as part of the diet....tomato's are a fav for the redfoot here....as shared, no one food type is good in large amounts...but part of a varied diet is good...