update from a newbie

karenfromscotland

hi there, Mike the tortoise has been with us for 11 days now and im glad to say were kinda in a routine. he was very shy at first but is great now, although he sleeps a lot. he was just eating those complete pellets, but now loves his crunchy lettuce and tomato. The vet gave him a clean bill of health and hes 100 grammes. thanks from a new tortoise owner. Karen.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
Awesome! Good to hear he's adapting. We love pictures! ;)

May, Aussies, & Hermannis
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

turtlemanfla88

welcome. Any questions you have just ask everyone is very helpful and willing to help. I do feed Romaine, Escarole, and Endive lettuce only once in a while. I recommend collard greens,prickly pear cactus(opuntia),mulberry leaves and fruit,turnip greens,and let it graze on grass and weeds.
Tom has a great list you will see him on here just ask him about the list.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Karen:

His habitat looks a little dry to me. They should be kept more on the moist side.

karenfromscotland

hi thanks all for the replies. im finding it more difficult to use a forum than look after mike haha, I have changed him to the sub soil stuff which I spray twice a day and have got him smaller bowls(since this pic was taken) as hes still very small. our climate wont allow him to be outside until maybe hes a lot older and only at the height of our summer, I want to buy a heat mat and would like to know what is best for him. sorry about the rather large pic, I will work on that. thanks Karen,

karenfromscotland

welcome. Any questions you have just ask everyone is very helpful and willing to help. I do feed Romaine, Escarole, and Endive lettuce only once in a while. I recommend collard greens,prickly pear cactus(opuntia),mulberry leaves and fruit,turnip greens,and let it graze on grass and weeds.
Tom has a great list you will see him on here just ask him about the list.
thanks. I haven't ever heard of the things like romaine, escarole and endive lettuce, maybe they are called different names here. karen

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
thanks. I haven't ever heard of the things like romaine, escarole and endive lettuce, maybe they are called different names here. karen
They almost always carry them in groceries, so maybe you can look up their photos and see what they are called :)? If you need help with finding the best tortoise plants ask us!

karenfromscotland

They almost always carry them in groceries, so maybe you can look up their photos and see what they are called :)? If you need help with finding the best tortoise plants ask us!
hi, yeah even the plants listed are not known to me. I will do some searching to find out what these are. thanks karen