Giant Dubia Cockroaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vermont
They are so giant and huge and AWESOME :D :D :D :D :D I wouldn't mind collecting them myself. I would first have to get a divorce, and probably have to move states due to restraining order restrictions. When my wife and I first started dating, I had two flat rock scorps, and an emperor. She STILL has nightmares about em :D :D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Here's my 1st tub. They really aren't creepy. It did take me a few days to get used to them.

DSC05119.jpg

DSC05124.jpg

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Where do you get those extra large egg holders. If I knew I was going to do this I would have eaten more eggs and kept the old egg cartons.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
fbsmith3 said:
Where do you get those extra large egg holders. If I knew I was going to do this I would have eaten more eggs and kept the old egg cartons.
My friend used to buy his eggs from some farm. You can use regular egg crates. The best part about these is you only have to clean the tub out like every 6mo or so.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
ascott said:
I can only think.....where's my shoe? :p

Yeah. Buy 1000 crickets and have them all keel over dead overnight for no reason leaving nothing for your hungry babies to eat...

THEN tell me about your shoe...:p:p:p

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
I checked on Cleo's swimming water dish and noticed she used it as a toilet and wanted it cleaned. When I picked up the swimming dish, I found the large Dudia cockroach I had fed her yesterday. Nealy jumped out of my skin, I swear Cleo looked at me like, "You found it you can have it, I'm full now". When I don't expect to see them, my fear instict is rather strong. Weird thing is I do not have the fear instict of any snake.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
She is quite the character, waits until I give her clean water, then poops in it, sometimes doesn't even wait until I secure it.

If I don't feed her on time she pushes her food dish against the wall. Although, I've never seen her do it, but boy do I hear it. Someday I have to mount a camera and see how she uses the food dish to make so much noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.